Parent Guidance Program
Part I [~4.5 Hours]
□ Session I ___/___/____
□ Session II ___/___/____
□ Session III ___/___/____
Part II [~4.5 Hours]
□ Session IV ___/___/____
□ Session V ___/___/____
□ Session VI ___/___/____
Meetings are small-group sessions with activities, question and answer, and role-play which all are part of your
training experience. These activities build parents’ confidence to improve family harmony. You will be
introduced to new skills that will build on the training and talent you already possess.
The Youth Quest Parent Guidance Program consist of two parts totaling 12 hours of parenting support led by
a professional parent trainer name Emily Schofield, QMHP.
Parents as Teachers
Changing child behavior
Increasing positive behavior
Preventive Teaching& Proactive
Teaching expectations and setting children up for success
Responding to problem behavior
Remaining calm and responding to emotional situations.
Putting It All Together
Developing an effective and customized discipline plan
Individual Home Skill Plan for your child
Proficiency in Teaching
Your Professional Trainers Experience
• Was a Clinical Family Teacher Has for dozens of children aged 9-18 for over five years.
• Was trained using the Teaching-Family Model of Treatment and Intervention.
• Double College Degree in Family & Human Development with emphasis in marriage and family
relations and in Sociology.
• Primary trainer for all staff employed by Youth Quest Inc.
• Has successfully aided many parents in developing the skills necessary to parent more effectively than
Youth Quest Parent Guidance Center